Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Welcome to The Classic Match

Hi everyone! This is a blog about classic tennis matches. When tennis goes into the off-season (i.e. post-US Open) I keep myself entertained by watching old tennis matches I've recorded from TV over the years. This also allows me the opportunity to watch serve and volley tennis which has gone out of style in todays game. To me, that is the most beautiful and exciting style of tennis, and the best tennis matches are those that feature the contrasting styles of a serve-volleyer against a baseliner: McEnroe vs. Borg or Rafter vs. Agassi are classic examples.

Old tennis matches are hard to come by, unless you've been recording them from TV yourself for many years. There are a few places on the internet that sell old matches on DVD - do a Google search for "tennis matches on DVD". Wimbledon is the only Grand Slam that regularly release some of their greatest matches on DVD. You can buy them from Amazon, say.

I will provide you with reviews and comments on the best tennis matches I've seen over the years featuring top players of all eras. Federer, Nadal, Sampras, Agassi, Rafter, Edberg, McEnroe and Borg are some of my favourite players. You're welcome to chime in if you have comments.

Cheers,

Usirnaym

No comments: